This article explains how to set up user groups so that your annual purchasing process runs smoothly.
This article is for TEACHERS. 🍏📝
Once you set up groups for users (i.e. create the group and add users to it) then link the group to a prescribed book list, you'll be able to ensure that students and staff all get the correct books. 📚🙌
For your prescribed book ordering process to run smoothly, you will need to ensure that any prescribed book list created corresponds with a group of learners who have their user accounts set up in Engage.
You have control over how your lists of books and groups of users are structured, but they should correspond one-to-one in order for the correct books to be allocated to the right learners. You know your school and your students best. Using Engage, you can make the lists as general or specific as you need them to be.
You may choose to create the book lists and user groups in various ways:
- You may create a group of students in the same grade, who require the same books.
- You may wish to create additional book lists for a specific group of students who just need books for core subjects, or who study additional subjects and advanced streams.
- If purchasing resources for your staff, such as teacher guides, the lists and groups would be constructed in the same way – relating to specific subjects, further training topics, grades or classes.
Creating your user group
To create a new group:
- Open the ‘Groups’ section when logged into Engage.
- Click on the green ‘New Group’ button at the top of the page.
- Give your new group a name and description, and then click ‘Save’ to create it.
- Once your group has been created, you will find it listed on the ‘Groups’ page.
Adding users to your user group
👫 You can set your group to 'joinable' so that users can add themselves to the group (remember to inform parents/students about how to join those joinable groups and which groups to join, before finalising your order) – or you can add users to groups yourself by following the steps below.
- Log in to Engage and navigate to the ‘Groups’ section.
- Click on the name of the group that you would like to edit.
- Scroll down the group’s page and click on the green ‘Add User’ button.
- Type in the user name or email address of the user that you would like to add to the group and then click ‘Save’.
Can't find what you're looking for or need assistance? Contact us at email@example.com or send us a chat message in Engage using the chatbot in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.