This article is for TEACHERS. 📚🍎
Uploading and sharing multimedia resources in Engage not only makes learning more fun 😃 for your students; it also helps them to develop a deeper understanding of core concepts in the curriculum. 🤔
We want to make it easy and quick for you to share as many key resources as you need to, 📂📄📹🎤 which is why we’ve made the process of adding multiple resources really simple. ✅
👉 This process does not apply to links, which still need to be added as resources individually. 🔗
This is how you add multiple files at a time in Engage:
- After logging in to Engage, click ‘Resources’ (towards the bottom left of the Engage dashboard).
- Next, scroll down the page until you see the button to ‘Add Resource’.
- Select the ‘Upload’ button on the next page.
- Select the file(s) you want to upload from your computer.
To select multiple files that are grouped together, click on the first file, then hold down the Shift key. While holding Shift, click on the last file to select all files between the two.
To select multiple files that are not grouped together, hold down the Ctrl key on your Windows computer, or the Command key on an Apple Mac. While holding this key down, click each of the files you wish to select.
- When ready to make your selection, click ‘Open’ on your upload dialogue box.
- Next you will be redirected to the Resources page where you will find your new resources have been uploaded to Engage.
- To fill in the details for each resource (i.e. title, description, grade, subject, language, and keywords), scroll down and select the resource that you want to update from the list. The name of the resource will reflect the original file name of the file you uploaded.
- The specific resource page will open. Here, you will be able to upload a relevant image to help your students navigate the resources with ease.
- Select ‘Edit’ to change the title and/or to complete the other details relating to your resource (i.e. description, grade, subject, language, and keywords). Click ‘Save’ to continue to the next screen.
- On your specific resource page, you can also assign your resource to a group.
👉 Be sure to check out our other helpful articles about using resources in Engage, including getting started with groups, how to upload and share multimedia resources, and how to update a resource file or link.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.