Preparing your book lists for the new year is quick and easy using prescribed lists in Engage.
As the end of the year approaches, we know time is limited. That’s why we’ve made the procurement process simple for educators, students and parents. By compiling next year’s prescribed lists in Engage now, you’re already one step ahead.
With Snapplify’s prescribed lists, you can create lists of required textbooks and any other digital resources, and then share these with students. Not only will this save users time, with no need to search for each title individually, but with all the correct titles in one place, there’s no risk of a user buying the wrong book.
Before you get started
Engage users can have multiple permission types, and only users with 'Teacher' permissions can set up prescribed lists. Talk to your school's ‘Admin’ (administrator) to give you this permission type if you do not already have it.
Creating your prescribed list
To create a prescribed list:
- In Engage, navigate to 'Prescribed' in the toolbar on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Next, click on 'New' (the green button at the top of your screen).
- Enter the name of your prescribed list, add the owner (if you are the owner, click on the 'Make me the owner' button), then click 'Save'. The list name should be specific to ease discoverability and navigation, such as ‘Grade 12 Core Subjects’ or ‘Grade 12 Maths Supplementary.’
- Once your prescribed list has been created, you will find it listed under the 'Prescribed' section.
Adding books to your prescribed list
To assign books to prescribed lists in Engage:
- Navigate to 'Prescribed' and click on your specific prescribed list. On your prescribed list page, you can set the curriculum and grade, then click the 'Add Titles' button to view a filtered list of curated titles.
Alternatively, you can navigate to the ‘Store’ when logged in to Engage. Search for various titles or ISBNs using the search bar. To refine your search, or to find more search options, click 'Advanced'. Once you've typed in your search details (e.g. Grade: 8, Curriculum: CAPS, Subject: Life Orientation), click 'Search’.
Browse the selection to find what you need.
When you’ve found the right book, click the three vertical black dots below the book cover and select ‘Add to Prescribed’ option from the pop-up menu. Select the name of your prescribed list and click 'Save' to add the book to the prescribed list.
Can't find what you're looking for or need assistance? Contact us on email@example.com or send us a chat message in Engage using the chatbot in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.