This article outlines how to convert an HTML file so that it is compatible with the Snapplify Reader app.
This article is for TEACHERS. 🍎📚
Sharing multimedia, interactive resources with your students is a wonderful way to bring your lessons to life. 🙋🙌
Should you wish to share an HTML file containing interactive content with your students, you’ll need to convert the file into a Snap file. Once you’ve completed this step, you can upload the Snap file to the Resources section in Engage, for your students to access easily in the Snapplify Reader app. ✅
What is a Snap file?
This content can be used fully offline (once downloaded) in the Snapplify Reader app.
👉 Note: Individual audio and video files can be uploaded and shared, and do not need to be packaged into Snap files.
Packaging your Snap file (and its contents)
Before uploading the Snap file to the Resources section in Engage, it will need to be packaged as a ‘Snap’. This process is as simple as zipping a set of files:
- First, ensure you have an HTML file called 'index.html' or 'index.htm' among the folders and files you plan to convert into a Snap file (without it, the Snap file won't open).
- Once you've double-checked that this file ('index.html' or 'index.htm') is included, select the relevant file and folders.
- Right-click and select the option to zip/compress the folder.
- Once saved, right-click on the .zip folder and select ‘Properties’ (Windows) or ‘Get info’ (Mac).
- Change the .zip file extension to .snap, then click ‘OK’ and/or close the properties box.
- Ensure the file name now ends in .snap.
- Your Snap file is now saved correctly and is ready for upload.
We advise keeping the following tips in mind when preparing your file:
- File size: If your final file is very large, try to make any embedded videos or images smaller.
- Linking: Use standard HTML linking to ensure that linking works across all platforms.
- Video and audio formats: We recommend that you use MP4 format for videos and MP3 format for audio, to ensure that they work across all platforms.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at email@example.com.