This handy article explains how to free up some storage space on your device so that you can download and read your ebooks quickly and easily.
When your device (e.g. mobile, tablet, or desktop computer) is functioning optimally, you’ll be able to install the Snapplify Reader and download ebooks in a flash. ⚡💻
If your device meets the minimum requirements for a device running the Snapplify Reader app and you’re still having some trouble (e.g. your ebooks aren’t downloading, or your device is slow or unresponsive), it could be because the storage space on your device is full. 🤔❓
This is how you free up some space on your device:
The process of managing and checking your internal storage on Android devices may differ slightly from device to device. The steps below are the general steps to follow:
- Tap on ‘Settings’.
- Tap on ‘Storage’.
Here you will see a detailed description of how storage on the device is being consumed. To clear storage, we recommend the following:
- Clear the cache (this refers to built-up data that is not relevant).
- Clear miscellaneous files (this refers to built-up data from apps that are not needed).
- Remove games.
- Remove unnecessary apps, e.g. anti-virus software, cleaning tools, etc.
Checking and managing storage on your Chromebook is easy following the steps below:
- Click on your account photo.
- Click on ‘Settings’.
- In the ‘Device’ section, click on ‘Storage Management’.
Here, you will see how much storage space is left on your device, and how much space is being used by the following:
- Downloads: The files in your Downloads folder.
- Offline Files: Temporary versions of your Google Drive files saved for offline use.
- Browsing Data: Information like your browsing history or saved form entries.
- Android Storage: Your Android apps and their data.
- Other Users: The files, apps, and data saved by other people on your Chromebook.
Usually, you will have enough storage on your Chromebook, but should you run low, we recommend doing the following:
- Clear your browsing data.
- Clear your Downloads folder.
On iOS devices, the way to check and manage internal storage is easy:
- Open ‘Settings’.
- Tap on ‘General’.
- Tap on ‘Storage & iCloud Usage’.
- Tap on ‘Manage Storage’.
Here you'll see a list of your apps, and how much storage each one of them uses. For more information about its usage, tap the app on the list. We recommend the following to ensure your device is running optimally:
- Remove games.
- Remove unnecessary apps.
- Move pictures and videos to your desktop computer, a hard drive, or to iCloud.
To check and manage your storage on macOS quickly and simply:
- Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your home screen.
- Select ‘About this Mac’.
- Click on ‘Storage’.
Here you’ll see categories that contain the various files on your Mac, such as Photos, Movies, Apps, or Audio. The colours in the bar represent various categories of files on your Mac, and white space represents free storage space.
Tip: If your Mac has more than one user account, you’ll see file categories for the user you’re currently logged in as.
Should you be running low on storage, we recommend that you:
- Remove games.
- Remove redundant applications (if you haven’t used it in a few weeks, you should probably consider deleting it).
Check and manage your storage on Windows using these steps:
- Click on the ‘Search’ icon.
- Type in ‘Storage’.
- Press ‘Enter’.
- Click on the ‘Local Disk C:/ Drive’.
Here you will see categories that contain the various files on your PC. We recommend managing your Apps and Games, Documents, Other and Temp Files, and removing files that you don't need.
👉 Note: The Snapplify Reader app and your downloaded ebooks will always use the internal storage of your device. Neither the app nor the ebooks you download are installed on or moved to the SD card.
⛔📚 Deleting unused books from your Snapplify Reader app can also clear up spacw on your device. Find out how to do that here.
Still experiencing problems? Take a look at other topics related to troubleshooting and maintenance of your reader app.
If you need help, use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 👍