This article explains how to set up groups in order to share multimedia resources via Engage.
This article is for TEACHERS. 🍏📝
Once you have uploaded helpful multimedia resources to Engage, you will need to share them with your students via Groups in Engage. This feature allows you to share resources with specific classes, student groups, or groups of staff members.
Once a user is added to a group, they will get access to all of the group’s resources in their Snapplify Reader app. It's as simple as that!
Creating a new group
To create a new group under the ‘Groups’ section in Engage:
- Open the ‘Groups’ section when logged into Engage.
- Click on the green ‘New Group’ button at the top of the page.
- Give your new group a name and description, and then click ‘Save’ to create it.
- Once your group has been created, you will find it listed under the ‘Groups’ section.
- Click on your group to populate it with resources and users.
Adding a user to a group
To add a user to a group:
- Log in to Engage and navigate to the ‘Groups’ section.
- Click on the name of the group that you would like to edit.
- Scroll down the group’s page and click on the green ‘Add User’ button.
- Type in the user name or email address of the user that you would like to add to the group and then click ‘Save’.
Assigning a resource to a group
Once you’ve created a resource you can assign it to a group:
- Navigate to the ‘Resources’ section when logged in to Engage.
- Select the name of the relevant resource.
- On the specific resource page, type your group's name into the text box on the right-hand side of the screen. Select the name of your group from the drop-down menu.
- The name of your group should now appear in green under 'Group' on the specific resource page.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.