Groups can be a useful way to share resources and encourage collaborative e-learning. Once a user is added to a group, they will receive access to all of the group’s resources in their Snapplify Reader application.
Creating a new group
To create a new group under the ‘Groups’ section in Engage:
- Open the ‘Groups’ section when logged into Engage.
- Click on the green ‘New Group’ button at the top of the page.
- Give your new group a name and description, and then click ‘Save’ to create it.
- Once your group has been created, you will find it listed under the ‘Groups’ section.
- Click on your group to populate it with resources and users.
Adding a user to a group
To add a user to a group:
- Log in to Engage and navigate to the ‘Groups’ section.
- Click on the name of the group that you would like to edit.
- Scroll down the group’s page and click on the green ‘Add User’ button.
- Type in the user name or email address of the user that you would like to add to the group and then click ‘Save’.
Assigning a resource to a group
Once you’ve created a resource you can assign it to a group:
- Navigate to the ‘Resources’ section when logged in to Engage.
- Select the name of the relevant resource.
- On the specific resource page, type your group's name into the text box on the right-hand side of the screen. Select the name of your group from the drop-down menu.
- The name of your group should now appear in green under 'Group' on the specific resource page.