This article is for ADMINISTRATORS. 💾
Archiving users allows you to manage your users should a student or teacher have left the institution. Archived users are not deleted so you can always unarchive a user if needed. 👍
To archive a user:
- After logging in to Engage, navigate to and click on your User section.
- Select the user you wish to archive. You can use the search bar to locate the user in question, and then tick the selector box for that user to make the selection.
- Click on the ‘Archive’ button.
- Archived users will be visible in the 'Archived' tab (next to the 'Active' tab).
👉 To unarchive a user, simply follow the same process in reverse by selecting the user under the 'Archived' tab and clicking the 'Un-Archive' button at the top of the screen.
The archiving of users may be a tedious process at times, but we've made the process easier for you by introducing bulk archiving. Before you get started, you'll need a list of either the usernames or email addresses for the archiving process.
To bulk-archive your users:
- After logging in to Engage, navigate to 'Bulk Archive'.
- Paste the users' email addresses or usernames in the text block. Each email address/ username must be on its own line. (To see an example of the structure, click on the 'See example' link found below the block.)
- Click on the 'Archive' button to process the bulk archive.
👉 If you want to know how to delete a user account, see this article.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.