This article explains how to assign user roles as well as how to edit a user's access and permissions status.
This article is for ADMINISTRATORS. 💾
When users are added to the Engage platform they are automatically assigned the Learner role. This gives them access to the features that students require. If the user is a teacher or librarian, or if they need to be able to manage purchasing on the platform, their access permissions will need to be increased.
After adding users to the Engage platform, you will need to curate the access that certain users have. 🤔 You do this by assigning user roles to restrict or open access to different sections of the Engage platform.
What are the Engage user roles?
The different Engage user roles include Learner, Teacher, Librarian, Admin, Classroom, Finance, and Bookseller. Only Admins have the ability to assign and edit user roles.
Assigning user roles
To assign a new role to a user:
- Navigate to 'Users' in the Admin section when logged in to Engage.
- Select the relevant user. You can use the search bar to locate the user in question, and then tick the selector box for that user to make the selection.
- Click on the ‘Assign Permission’ button.
- Select the type of permission you wish to assign to the user from the list in the permissions pop-up. You can assign more than one permission type to the same user.
- Click on ‘Save’ to confirm your selection.
Editing user roles
To edit a user’s access and permission status:
- Navigate to 'Users' when logged in to Engage.
- Click on the user’s username to open their user page.
- Under 'Roles' (towards the bottom of the user's profile), click the ‘Add/Remove’ button.
- Select the role you wish to add/remove from the list in the permissions pop-up. You can assign more than one permission type to the same user.
- Click ‘Save’ to confirm your selection.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.