This article is for ADMINISTRATORS. 💾
🎓 This feature is only available for ENGAGE ENTERPRISE tier clients. Read this article for more about the Engage tiers.
With Snapplify’s Microsoft integration, Microsoft institutions signed up for Engage are able to pull all users from their Microsoft Azure Active Directory and link these to Snapplify so that users can use their Microsoft accounts to sign in to Engage. 👥➡️💻
This article will help you to sync your Microsoft Azure Active Directory and import your users quickly and easily. ⏳⬇️
To use this feature, you must have the following user privileges on your Microsoft Account ('User.ReadBasic.All' and 'Group.Read.All') and have access to your institution’s Microsoft Azure Active Directory. A standard user without these privileges won’t be able to run this import.
Enabling your Microsoft Azure Active Directory for integration:
- Head over to portal.azure.com and sign in with your admin details.
- Ensure that the user that will be signing into Engage to authorise with Microsoft has the following Assigned Roles:
- Application administrator
- Global reader
- Navigate to Azure Active Directory and click ‘Groups’.
- Setup your Groups and assign the relevant users
- Copy the Group `Object ID` (you will need this soon).
Importing your users via Microsoft integration
- Once signed in to Engage, navigate to ‘Import Users’ in Engage (you’ll find this under ‘Admin’ in the toolbar on the left-hand side of your screen).
- Under ‘Microsoft’, click the ‘Connect’ button. This will allow your Microsoft account to connect to your Engage platform.
- If required, enter your group Object ID path to import only specific units within the directory; otherwise, you can leave this blank to import all directory users.
- Click ‘Save’.
- You will be redirected to Microsoft sign in. Click `Allow` when asked to allow snapplify.com to access your info. You will be directed back to Engage, where your users will begin to import.
Once connected, Engage will continue to sync with Microsoft, and update user information accordingly. As users are added, updated or deleted, the systems will remain in sync.
Note: You are able to change your organisational unit settings at any time by clicking on ‘Activities’ within the ‘Import Users’ section on the Microsoft Integration block. From there, you can add additional Object Ids as well as remove any that you no longer need.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at email@example.com.