The Snappbox is so easy to set up, you can even do it yourself. This section details the installation of a Snappbox on-site. In order to install the Snappbox, you’ll need the following:
- 1 x Snappbox
- 1 x power cable
- 1 x network cable
Allocate a secure area where the Snappbox will be permanently installed (in a server room, for example), including:
- 1 x plug point allocated for the Snappbox
- 1 x network point allocated for the Snappbox
Getting the Snappbox connected
- Plug the Snappbox in and turn it on.
- Ask your network administrator to provide the IP address of the Snappbox on your network.
- Ensure that your network administrator adds the Snappbox IP address to the Proxy Server. The Proxy Server gives the Snappbox permission to connect to the internet, and your network administrator usually controls this.
- Once your Snappbox is connected, you can verify that it is online and working as required. A connected Snappbox will check in with the Snapplify servers every six hours.