MacOS users have been receiving error messages from Apple when trying to install the Snapplify Reader app. Does the following sound familiar? 🤔
Snapplify.pkg can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
If you are experiencing this problem, don’t panic! This doesn’t mean that the Snapplify App contains any malicious software - just that Apple is not currently able to verify that. 🍏
Why? Apple has recently made a small change to their requirements and we are updating the MacOS version of the Snapplify Reader app to bring it in line with these new regulations. In a short time, this notification will no longer apply.
In the meantime, the Reader app remains as safe as always. ✔️ You can follow the instructions below to download it onto your device.
To bypass this message and install the app, do the following:
2. Download the Snapplify reader MacOS installer and follow the on screen prompts to install the app on your device.
3. When you see the error message, click on ‘Ok’, then go to your devices ‘System Preferences’ and click on ‘Security and Privacy.’
4. At the bottom of your screen, you will see this message “Snapplify.pkg was blocked from use because it's from an unidentified developer.”
You will also see an ‘Open Anyway’ button to the right of this notification. Click on this button and open the app.
5. The reader installation prompt will open automatically, then follow the on screen prompts to install the app on your device.
6. Once the download is complete, find the green Snapplify star icon on your desktop or home screen and tap it to launch the app.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.