The COVID-19 pandemic has prompted school closures around the world, but this doesn’t mean that teaching and learning need to come to a halt. Institutions around the world are increasingly turning towards online learning platforms to help minimise disruptions to learning, and bridge the educational gap.
As our core mission is increasing access to digital education for all, it's incredibly important to us that we are able to help support institutions, educators, and students through this difficult time.
What we’re doing to help
With Snapplify’s e-learning solutions, your school’s educators and students have everything they need to continue working through the curriculum from home.
- Any school, anywhere in the world, is able to register for Snapplify Engage (our online e-learning platform) for free.
- We’ve also partnered with key educational publishers to provide you with easy, FREE access to top-quality educational ebooks, e-textbooks, teacher guides and supplementary resources until 31 December 2020.
- We'll be offering online technical support to students and educators, for free.
- Students and educators have access to 50 000 public-domain and open-licensed educational content items via the platform for free.
- Educators will have access to our Teacher Benefits programme, for free. Via this programme, we will make paid-for content available to educators at no cost for the duration of this period.
- Educators are able to upload their own resources to the platform and share these with students for free. This means that teachers can create video recordings of lessons, and share class notes, outlines, and exercises with students.
- Schools will be empowered to run a fully digital school e-library (complete with online checkout and auto-return functionality), to make sure that students have access to an ebook library, and can encourage reading and literacy throughout this period. Utilisation of our technology to run this library is included for free.
- Schools will only have to pay for additional content they choose to purchase via the platform.
- The Enterprise tier of our Engage platform open to all schools at no cost until 31 December 2020. This means that everyone will have access to this top tier's added benefits, like advanced administration tools and integrations, advanced data analytics and exclusive bulk purchase discounts.
We’ve made registration and setup really simple so that you can get your school hooked up with our e-learning solutions in a jiffy.
- The first step is to sign your institution up for Snapplify Engage, our award-winning e-learning and digital library solution. Registration is free!
- Here’s a nifty template you can use to send to parents to let them know about e-learning with Snapplify.
- We encourage administrators to review these comprehensive articles for tips on setting up and managing Engage at your school. You can also use the search function on the Snapplify Knowledge Base to find specific answers to any questions you may have.
- The Snapplify Reader app (compatible with a broad range of devices) is where users access their ebooks and e-resources. Find out all about it here – from how to install the app and download ebooks, to academic features that can make e-reading and e-learning easier and more interactive.
💡 Teaching digital responsibility alongside curriculum content is gaining popularity among educators as an essential future skill for learners to have once they enter tertiary education and/or the work environment. In the UK, 99% of teachers have stated that online safety should be part of the school curriculum, and experts have stressed the importance of digital citizenship and digital literacy for learners to be able to participate fully and safely in the world around them.
While working remotely during the time, children will naturally engage with technology more and more. This is an opportunity for schools to promote and cultivate healthy, safe, and responsible relationships with technology. Read more about the importance of digital citizenship here.
Making use of Engage
Snapplify Engage has many great features that can help your school through this challenging time, and we also have heaps of handy articles about Engage for parents, students, teachers, librarians, and administrators. Here are a few tips we think you’ll find most helpful.
- If you’re a teacher, you can share your own multimedia resources with students through Engage. This could be an audio or video file of a lesson, a worksheet or revision document, or even an online link. All you need to do is set up user groups, then add and share your resource in Engage.
- Teachers who aren’t able to access their usual teaching aids and resources on campus and/or through colleagues due to social distancing can also take heart: the Snapplify Teacher Benefits feature gives you access to a bunch of free and discounted educational resources to help you through.
- The digital library catalogue in Engage comes with plenty of resources for both teachers and students. Librarians can learn more about navigating the library, let students know how to make use of the library, find free ebooks, and purchase additional ebooks for the library.
- To learn more about finding and checking out specific titles from the library, check out our step-by-step articles for teachers and students.
👉 As always, Snapplify is focused on supporting schools and students. We encourage you to stay safe and take protective measures against the coronavirus.
In the meantime, we are taking proactive steps to find additional ways to support you through this time. We are with you every step of the way.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.