Once you’ve set up a prescribed list with books, allocate them to specific users so that students and teachers get what they need immediately.
By linking a user group to a prescribed list, you not only make sure that all users automatically get the correct digital content (because it has specifically been allocated to them), but that these users will be able to start using their ebooks immediately. That’s right – titles that have been included on a prescribed list at the beginning of the school year and linked to a user group will be delivered to users ahead of payment.
At Snapplify, we’re always looking for ways we can support schools and take your needs into account. Our limited access period for titles on prescribed lists gives you the flexibility to make changes to prescribed lists or user groups (for example, if errors are spotted or class lists are amended) without delaying access to students and staff. After 31 January, payment will be required to secure full access to these digital resources.
Before you get started
Before you can start assigning books to users, you will need to create your prescribed lists. Engage users can have multiple permission types, and only users with 'Teacher' permissions can set up prescribed lists. Talk to your school's ‘Admin’ (administrator) to give you this permission type if you do not already have it.
For this feature to work smoothly, you will also need to ensure that any prescribed book list created corresponds with a group of learners who have their user accounts set up in Engage.
You have control over how these lists of books and groups of users are structured, but they should correspond one-to-one in order for the correct books to be allocated to the right learners. You know your school and your students best. Using Engage, you can make the lists as general or specific as you need them to be.
You may choose to create the book lists and user groups in various ways:
- You may create a group of students in the same grade, who require the same books.
- You may wish to create additional lists for a specific group of students who just need books for core subjects, or who study additional subjects and advanced streams.
- If purchasing resources for your staff, such as teacher guides, the lists and groups would be constructed in the same way – relating to specific subjects, further training topics, grades or classes.
Step 1: Set up your user group
To create a new group:
- Open the ‘Groups’ section when logged into Engage.
- Click on the green ‘New Group’ button at the top of the page.
- Give your new group a name and description, and then click ‘Save’ to create it.
- Once your group has been created, you will find it listed under the ‘Groups’ section.
- Click on your group to populate it with resources and users.
For more information on using Groups in Engage, click here.
Step 2: Link a group to your prescribed list
If your user group already exists, you will be able to link the group to your list from your prescribed list page or from the group page:
- Navigate to 'Prescribed' or ‘Groups’ when logged in to Engage.
- Click the title of the prescribed list or group you wish to view.
- On the prescribed list page, click the green '+ Add Group' button. Alternatively, from the group page, click the green '+ Add prescribed list' button.
- Type in the name of your prescribed list or group and select the correct one from the drop-down menu. Then click ‘Save’ to confirm your choice.
Can't find what you're looking for or need assistance? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a chat message in Engage using the chatbot in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.