Once your institution’s account balance is loaded in Engage, your librarian and/or users can purchase books for your digital library. Purchases may be made by all library patrons or only by your librarian, depending on your institution’s preferred purchasing type.
To understand how library licences work, see this article.
Purchasing books for a school's library is a simple process that can be done per book or in bulk.
To purchase individual ebooks:
- Navigate to Library in Engage.
- Browse the list of available ebooks or search for a specific title using the search bar at the top of the page. Snapplify’s curated Collections, Favourites, and Recommended sections can be especially helpful (to find out more, click here).
- Click the ‘Add’ button. Note that if your library is set to ‘Librarian purchasing’, student users (patrons) who do not have librarian permissions can click the ‘Request Book’ button instead. If they request a book, the librarian will receive a notification and decide whether to approve or deny the transaction.
- The book is now owned by the institution for a period of 2 years.
- To learn how to purchase multiple copies of the same book, click here.
To purchase ebooks in bulk:
Get in touch with our Digital Curation Manager by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to have a proposed library book list to suit your students and budget.