This article explains how to use the Owned section to monitor your library’s ebook purchases.
This article is for LIBRARIANS. 📚💚
As your school’s librarian, you’ll be responsible for managing the ebooks in your library. From monitoring current purchases, to checking up on expired licences, the Owned section for Librarians in Engage will help you to maintain your library’s offering in order to best meet your library users' needs.
To find the Activity section and view your library’s loaned or wait-listed titles:
- Log in to Engage and navigate to ‘Owned’ in the Librarian section of your dashboard.
- On the Owned page, use the tabs to filter ebooks by ‘Owned’, ‘Free’, ‘Expired’ or ‘All’.
On this page, you can view all the ebooks that have been purchased by your school’s library to loan out to users. These are books with active library licences. Here, you will also be able to see relevant information like ‘total owned’ and the expiry date of your licence, if applicable.
On this page, you’ll be able to see all the free ebooks that have been included in your library. Free titles do not have licence checkout limits, meaning that many users can check out the same book simultaneously.
🆓 If you have activated your library content setting, free ebooks will only show up in your library (for other users to see and check out) if you, as the librarian, have added them manually. Learn more about this process and your library’s content settings here.
This page will show any ebooks that your digital library used to own but which users can no longer check out because the library licence has lapsed.
To purchase a new licence and restore a specific book to your digital library:
- Navigate to the ‘Expired’ tab in the librarian’s Owned section of Engage.
- Find the relevant title by scrolling through the list, or using the search bar at the top of the page.
- Once you’ve found the title, click the ‘Add’ button in the Licence column.
- In the pop-up window, select the number of licences you wish to add and click ‘Buy’. The amount will be deducted from your institution’s available account balance.
Under the ‘All’ tab, you will be able to view all your library’s ebooks in one place.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at email@example.com.