You may need to uninstall and reinstall the Snapplify Reader if a book file that you have downloaded is corrupt (an incomplete download). This can be caused by a slow or intermittent internet connection.
For iOS, Android, or Chromebook Snapplify Reader applications, follow your device’s standard uninstall procedure. For Windows and macOS, see the instructions below.
When you uninstall the Windows Reader from your device, it does not remove the user data from your hard drive. To uninstall completely:
- Uninstall Snapplify Desktop Reader via Control Panel (click on ‘Add/Remove Programs’, find the Snapplify Reader and click on ‘Uninstall’).
- Open File Explorer or My Computer and navigate to C:\Users\Your User\
- In the folder listed in step 2, there should be a folder called 'AppData'. (Note: This is normally a hidden file so by default it won't appear. To see how to unhide please see the next step.)
- To unhide the files and folders, go to the top toolbar of File Explorer and select 'View'. Once the toolbar has expanded, tick the box that reads 'Hidden Items'. Your 'AppData' folder should now be visible.
- Go into the 'AppData' folder and then into 'Local' folder ( C:\Users\Your User\AppData\Local ).
- There will be a folder named 'Snapplify'. Delete this entire folder.
- To ensure that you remove Snapplify entirely from your device, go to your Recycle Bin and remove the Snapplify folder.
Once the Snapplify Reader is completely removed, follow the steps below to download and reinstall the Snapplify Reader:
- Go to getsnapplify.com/windows/Snapplify.msi and install the Snapplify Reader.
- Sign in with your username and password.
- Click on the 'All' tab to download your books.
The above steps should resolve the issue you are experiencing.
Moving the Snapplify Reader to your Trash does not completely remove the application from macOS. Follow these easy steps to remove all files completely:
- Drag the Snapplify Reader icon to your Trash.
- On macOS Sierra you will need to unhide the 'Library' folder in your Home location. To do so please follow the steps below:
- Search for the 'Terminal' app.
- Type in the following commands. (Press Enter after every command line.)
- defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES (Press Enter)
- killall Finder (Press Enter)
3. To remove the Snapplify folder:
- Go to your Home location (Click on 'Finder').
- Select 'Library' (this folder will now be slightly greyed out).
- Select 'Application Support'.
- Move the Snapplify Reader folder to your Trash.
- Empty your Trash.
Once the above has been completed, visit getsnapplify.com to download the Snapplify Reader.
After downloading and reinstalling the Snapplify Reader, please sign in with your username and password to download your books as required.