This article gives you everything you need to know about sharing video and audio content with your students, as well as written resources like books, quizzes, worksheets and notes.
This article is for TEACHERS. 🍏📝
🎓 This feature is available for BASIC, PROFESSIONAL & ENTERPRISE tier clients. Note the following tier distinctions:
BASIC: Maximum of 100 resources per institution
PROFESSIONAL: Maximum of 500 resources per institutions
ENTERPRISE: Unlimited number of resources
👉 Read this article for more about the Engage tiers.
Sharing of multimedia resources is a great way to bring the curriculum to life – making it more fun and accessible for students. 😍
Film a science experiment and upload it so that your class can watch it again later; record a lesson and share the audio file for homework or revision purposes; or simply upload a document with additional notes for your students. 🎵🎧📽️
This is how you share resources through Engage:
- After logging in to Engage, click ‘Resources’ (towards the bottom left of the Engage dashboard).
- Next, scroll down the page until you see the button to ‘Add Resource.’
3. Create your new resource by uploading one or more files, or by adding a URL. A file may be a document or MP3 file, for example; whereas the link may be to an online video or to the webpage where a book can be purchased, or borrowed from your school’s digital library.
4. Fill in the details for your resource (i.e. title, description, grade, subject, language, and keywords), then click ‘Save’ to continue to the next screen.
5. Once you’ve created your resource by following the steps above, you will be able to upload a relevant image on your specific resource page to help your students navigate the resources with ease.
6. On your specific resource page, you can also assign your resource to a group by selecting ‘Add Group’ then typing your group's name into the pop-up text box. Select the name of your group from the drop-down menu.
👜We recommend that you limit file sizes for uploads to 100 MB, to avoid space issues and data costs for downloads.
📋While you can upload most file types to Engage, the Snapplify Reader works best with PDFs, ePUBs, MP4s, MP3s, TXT files, JPGs, PNGs, and Snap files.
📝 If you upload and share certain third-party file types (like Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint, Google Docs/Sheets, etc.), students will need to install that software on their devices.
📱 An easy way around this is for you to convert documents to PDFs before uploading to Engage so that your students will be able to open them immediately in the Snapplify Reader.
👉 If the group does not already exist, you will need to create a new group under the ‘Groups’ section, which follows a similar, simple process as creating a resource.
👉 You can also upload resources in bulk. Here is more about how to do that.
👉 Formats such as AVI and MKV will work cross platform but require the correct encoding to be implemented. It is advised to encode such files as H264 in order to render correctly.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at email@example.com.