This article runs through the options you'll find on your Engage Settings page.
This article is for ADMINISTRATORS. 💾
We've made it easy to customise your institution's Engage settings. This is where you can:
✅ Update your school name and logo.
✅ Set your library loan duration and maximum checkout time.
✅ Choose whether the purchasing of library books is Librarian purchasing or Patron purchasing.
✅ Set your default curriculum.
✅ Activate your library content setting; i.e. choose whether you want learners to see the full library (including unpurchased content), or whether they should only have access to books your institution already owns.
✅ Enable or disable retail requests.
✅ Enable or disable hardcopy book purchases for annual prescribed book orders.
To update your settings in Engage:
- After logging in to Engage, navigate to 'Settings'.
- Here, you can update your school name by filling in the text block and clicking 'Save'.
- To update your school logo, simply hover your mouse over the green 'upload' icon and click on it. Select a your new logo from your device and click on 'Open'.
- To update your library loan and checkout settings on this page, enter the loan duration (number of days) into the Loan Duration box (then click 'Save') and the maximum number of books a user can checkout into the Maximum Checkouts box (then click 'Save').
- On this page, you can also set your library purchase type.
- You may want to set your school's default curriculum to help us improve your book browsing experience. Simply select your chosen curriculum from the dropdown menu and click 'Save'.
- Next, you can set whether unpurchased content is visible to all Engage users, by activating the library content setting.
- Under 'Retail Request', you can choose whether to enable retail requests for your institution.
- If your school is ordering prescribed books via Snapplify Engage, you can enable hardcopy book purchases here.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.