This article is for TEACHA! SELLERS.
We know how much effort and care you’ve put into creating a quality resource for other teachers to use. That’s why we want to help you to turn your resource into a good online product that comes up easily in search results and which encourages downloads by customers.
When uploading your resource, it is a good idea to:
Name your resource
Include the grade, subject, term, and topic in your resource title. This makes it easier for users to see if this resource is relevant to them, at first glance.
Include a resource description
This is your space to flesh out the value of your resource. Include grade, subject, term, topic and any additional information on the resource. You can even apply formatting to your resource description by bolding or italicising text, or inserting bullet points. You can use this space to indicate whether a third-party app is needed (e.g. prezis, powerpoint, word) to use the resource or if it's based on a specific book that may need to be purchased (e.g. Platinum or a storybook that isn't freely available).
Add detail to your resource
Adding detail makes your resource easier to find. Define the grade your resource is designed for and the resource type; select a subject from the list of resource subjects; then specify the language the resource is created in, the curriculum it's aligned to (you can select multiple curriculums), and which term it should be used in.
Add additional resource details
Indicate whether your resource is available in other languages; is suitable for home, parent or caregiver use; and whether a memorandum is included.
Upload the resource files
Ensure that you have double-checked that the file is ready for selling before uploading it:
- Ensure that the content in your file complies with copyright law.
- If you have used this file at your school, be sure to remove any school information.
- Give the file a relevant file name (i.e. name the file according to grade, topic, etc.).
- Ideally, upload a PDF, as well as the original file (in case your customer wants to edit it).
- Click 'Add Another File' to add more resource files to your product and create a bundle.
Upload two or more resource files to create a bundle. This way you get to sell more of your resources at once.
Upload a featured image, gallery image, and video preview
- The featured image is the cover image that customers will see when browsing the marketplace. The minimum size of the featured image is 700px width x 700pxheight. Although many sellers have a generic feature image, we find that unique images that highlight what is being sold catch the customers’ attention a lot more (grade, subject, topic, image, store name).
- Gallery images are previews for the resource. You can do this easily by taking a screenshot of your resource, but is important that you either watermark your images or you lower the quality of the image (so that users do not just print it straight from the preview page without purchasing the resource).
- A video preview gives your customers a better overview of what they will find in your resource. It helps to show customers what’s inside of your product, without having to take screenshots and watermark it.
Include a regular price and sale price
Your regular price should be realistic (ask yourself: would you pay your asking price for the resource?). If you would like to schedule a sale, you can set your sale price to be less than the regular price, and enter the sale duration.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org