This article is for TEACHA! SELLERS.
As a seller on the Teacha! resource marketplace, you can encourage customers to purchase your resources by throwing a sale (i.e. discounting particular resources in your store for a limited time period). You can select which resources to mark down, discount multiple resources simultaneously, and set specific sale dates.
You cannot add a sale price to resources that are free.
You can also benefit from price increases. By increasing your prices annually, even if just by a small amount, you're equipping yourself to earn more from your sales.
Consider the following questions as a starting point:
- How many pages or how big is your resource?
- How much content are you offering?
- How many potential uses does your resource have?
- Does the resource offer multiple kinds of activities, or is it otherwise flexible?
- Could this resource be used multiple times?
- Will the resource serve multiple ability levels?
- What would you pay?
- What other costs are incurred after buying the resource (i.e. printing or laminating)?
To set the pricing on resources:
- Visit teacharesources.com and log in.
- Once logged in, the ‘My Shop Settings’ page displays. Scroll down and select 'Currency' under settings, select your default currency from the drop-down, and click 'Save Change' to save your selection.
If no currency is selected, it will default to ZAR - South African rand (R).
- Click ‘All Resources’ in the navigation.
- Select the checkbox next to the resource you want to update. You can select one or more resources from the list.
- Next, set the resource price.
To add a sales price, at the top of your list of resources, select a discount percentage from the ‘Sale Discount’ drop-down and indicate the duration of the sale by specifying the ‘From’ and ‘To’ dates. Click the ‘Add on Sale’ button to schedule your sale.
To update the price, click 'Edit' and in the Price section, enter your price in the 'Regular Price' field. (If the resource is free, select 'This is a free resource'.) Click 'Save Changes' to apply the price.
Monitor your Teacha! store sales to find out which resources are most popular and to keep track of your expected income.
Need help? Email us at email@example.com.