You may need to uninstall or reinstall the Snapplify Reader. Perhaps you are selling your device secondhand, your original app install didn't work, or you are experiencing difficulty downloading ebooks in the app. Issues installing the app or downloading ebooks are usually caused by slow or intermittent internet connection.
For Windows and macOS, follow the instructions below.
When you uninstall the Windows reader from your device, it does not remove the user data from your hard drive, so to uninstall completely:
- Uninstall Snapplify Desktop Reader via Control Panel by clicking on ‘Uninstall a Program’, finding the Snapplify Reader, and clicking on ‘Uninstall’.
- Then, open File Explorer or My Computer and navigate to C:\Users\Your User\
- In the folder listed in step 2, there should be a folder called 'AppData'. (Note: This is normally a hidden file so by default it won't appear. To see how to unhide please see the next step.)
- To unhide the files and folders, go to the top toolbar of File Explorer and select 'View'. Once the toolbar has expanded, tick the box that reads 'Hidden Items'. Your 'AppData' folder should now be visible.
- Go into the 'AppData' folder and then into 'Local' folder ( C:\Users\Your User\AppData\Local ).
- There will be a folder named 'Snapplify'. Delete this entire folder.
- To ensure that you remove Snapplify entirely from your device, go to your Recycle Bin and remove the Snapplify folder.
Moving the Snapplify Reader to your Trash does not completely remove the application from macOS. Follow these easy steps to remove all files completely:
- After dragging the Snapplify Reader icon to your Trash, go to your Home location (click on 'Finder').
- Select 'Library' (this folder will now be slightly greyed out).
- Select 'Application Support'.
- Move the Snapplify Reader folder to your Trash.
- Empty your Trash.
If you intend to reinstall the app, visit getsnapplify.com to download the latest version. After downloading and reinstalling the Snapplify Reader app, sign in to access your digital bookshelf.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.