This article is for ANYONE USING SNAPPLIFY.
With hundreds of thousands of titles to choose from, the Snapplify ebook store offers everything from study resources and reference materials, to fiction and non-fiction ebooks.
Retail requests enable you to request that an ebook be purchased for you, by your educational institution. This means that the institution pays for the book, and it is added to your account so that you can read it.
This article relates to requesting the purchase of books for you from the Snapplify Engage store. You can also request that your institution purchase ebooks for your digital library. To request that a book is purchased for your school’s library, click the ‘Request Book’ button to let your librarian know that you wish to borrow this title.
Requesting a title in the Engage store
To request that an ebook be purchased for you:
- Log in to Engage and navigate to the store by clicking 'Textbooks' at the top of your screen.
- In the 'Browse Store' section, find the title you’d like to own.
- To find the ebook you’re looking for in Engage, you can use the search bar at the top of your screen to search for a title, author, or ISBN.
- To refine your search, or to find more search options, click 'Advanced' to the right of the search bar. Once you've typed in your search details, click 'Search' or hit 'Enter' on your keyboard.
- You can also use the tabs on the Browse page to filter ebooks by ‘Prescribed’ (all the titles your institution have added to as prescribed texts), ‘Curriculum’ (all the titles that are associated with your institution’s curriculum; e.g. CAPS), or ‘All’.
Click the green ‘Request’ button.
A request will be sent to your institution to make this book available to you. You will receive an email once a decision has been made and if approved, the book will become available in your Snapplify Reader app.
If you don’t see a green ‘Request’ button next to or below each title in the Engage store, your institution has not enabled retail requests. Please chat to your institution if you have any questions.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at email@example.com.