This article is for TEACHERS, BOOKSELLERS, or ADMINISTRATORS.
If you need to edit the title or owner of a prescribed list that has already been set up in Engage, you can do that easily. You can also update the owner on multiple prescribed lists at one time.
Changing the owner can be useful since only the owner of a prescribed list can publish and unpublish it. If you work in a collaborative environment, for example, where different users need to be able to publish or edit a prescribed list, they can be authorised to do so by assigning them as the owner on the prescribed list.
You can change the title and/or owner on a new prescribed list (which hasn't been published yet) or an unpublished prescribed list, even if you are not the owner of the list. But, if you need to edit a published list, the owner will need to unpublish the list first.
To edit the title or owner on a prescribed list
- Once logged in to Engage, navigate to the prescribed list section by clicking 'Textbooks' then 'Prescribed Lists'.
- Search for the relevant prescribed list using the search bar or use the tabs under the search bar to browse ‘new’, ‘published’, ‘unpublished’, ‘archived’, or ‘all’ lists.
- Once you have located the relevant prescribed list, click the list’s title to open it.
- Towards the top of the screen, click the ‘Edit’ button.
If you’ve opened a published list, you will not be able to make these edits now. The owner of the list will first need to unpublish the list. If you are the owner, click the 'Unpublish' button at the top of the page, then click the 'Edit' button after the list has been unpublished.
- A pop-up opens. To change the list’s title, delete the existing name and type a new one in the textbox under ‘Name’. To change the owner of the list, start typing the name of the new owner in the ‘Owner’ field, then select the applicable name from the list of suggestions. Alternatively, select ‘Make me the owner’ to assign ownership to yourself.
- Then, click the ‘Save’ button to save your changes.
To change the owner on multiple prescribed lists
To bulk-assign an owner to multiple prescribed lists simultaneously:
- Browse for the relevant prescribed lists under the ‘new’, ‘published’, ‘unpublished’, ‘archived’, or ‘all’ tabs.
- Select the checkbox next to the lists you wish to assign a new owner to.
- Click the 'Assign Owner' button.
- A pop-up opens. Change the owner of the lists by starting to type the name of the new owner in the ‘Search owner’ field and selecting the applicable name from the list of suggestions. Alternatively, select ‘Make me the owner’ to assign ownership to yourself.
- Click the ‘Save’ button to assign the new owner to the selected prescribed lists.
If your list needs to be published after making these changes, remember to republish it by clicking the 'Publish' button at the top of the prescribed list page (this button only displays if you are the owner of the prescribed list).
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at email@example.com.