This article is for ADMINISTRATORS.
An overview of analytics for your educational institution is helpful to understand broad usage. If you need to go deeper, you can get more information by accessing analytics for an individual user. Having data for an individual user (e.g. a student) is useful, for example:
to check whether the user has started reading a prescribed textbook,
to see how much time the user spends on the Snapplify Reader app, or
to gauge the type of material the user enjoys reading.
Accessing usage data for an individual user
If you are already on the Analytics page in Engage, you can also access an individual's usage data by clicking the 'Number of Learners' or 'Number of Teachers' tile (which will take you to the list of learners or teachers, respectively). Then, continue with Step 3 below.
To find analytics for a specific user:
- After logging in to Engage, click the cog icon to open the platform settings.
- Your settings become available in the navigation pane. In the user and groups section, select 'Users'.
- From the list of active users, select the relevant user’s name to open their user page.
- At the top of the individual user page, click the ‘Analytics’ button.
- On the next page, the analytics for the individual user displays.
Reviewing data for an individual user
To get a high-level overview of usage for a specific date range, select '30d', '60d', '90d', '120d' or 'This year'. (The default is 30 days.)Once you've set this date range, the tiles and graphs on the page will update and you'll be able to see the following information:
- When the user was last seen.
- The average usage for a set period of time.
- The average usage per day.
- The total number of notes created.
- The total number of highlights made.
- The total number of devices used.
- The number of activities per day.
- The average number of activities per hour.
- The number of activities per book.
- The number of downloads per book.
- The number of activities per operating system for a set period of time.
- The number of activities by type for a set period of time.
Basic analytics are available for all Snapplify Engage clients. This feature provides simplified data (not the full range of data available via Snapplify Insights – a separate analytics product). Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at email@example.com.