This article is for LIBRARIANS and ADMINISTRATORS.
Users with the Librarian role are able to set custom loan durations (i.e. how long library books can be checked out for) for specific titles. This can be done from the Owned section in Engage.
You're able to set library loan periods for one title at a time or for multiple titles simultaneously.
Loan periods set for specific titles will override the default loan duration that has been set for the entire library.
Setting library loan periods for specific titles
To set the loan duration for specific titles:
- Log in to Engage, then navigate to the Owned section in the library.
- From the Owned section, select one or more titles by ticking their associated checkboxes.
- Click the 'Add Loan Duration' button.
- In the Add Loan Duration pop-up, select either Hours or Days from the drop-down menu, then define the number of hours or days that the selected title(s) can be loaned out for in the associated textbox.
- Click the 'Set' button to apply your changes.
You can also set loan durations on individual titles from the 'Browse Library' section by clicking the title to open its details; then clicking the 'Set Loan Duration' button; then following steps 4 and 5 above.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at email@example.com.