You can choose to display physical edition page numbers or digital edition page numbers in ePUBs in the Snapplify Reader app. This feature is especially useful when you’ve been referred to a specific page for either a physical or digital book.
Because of formatting differences, a book that is meant for print could have different page numbers to a book that is designed for digital reading.
- Using physical edition page numbers will make your ePUB’s page numbers correspond to that of the print version. The page numbers in your ePUB will be fixed to match its printed counterpart and you'll have an indication of how long the physical book is. By setting the pages in your ePUB to physical edition page numbers, you'll also be able to find the exact pages that are cited in the printed version of the book, right in your ebook.
- Selecting digital edition page numbers gives you more flexibility, by changing page numbers from the fixed numbering in printed books to page numbers that adjust according to the font style and size you’re using.
The way in which ePUBs are structured can differ, depending on how they were designed by the publisher. That’s why you’ll only be able to set the page number type in a reflowable ePUB, not a fixed-layout ePUB or a PDF file.
To change the page number type in an ePUB
- Once your ePUB is open in the desktop reader app, click the 'Document Settings' icon on the toolbar.
A menu opens. In the page numbers section, select:
- ‘Digital Edition Page Numbers’ to set the ePUBs page numbering to adjust as the font and text size change.
- 'Print Edition Page Numbers’ to set the ePUB’s page numbering to be the same as the print version of the book.
You can also change fonts and font sizes from this menu, and even make use of a specialised font to aid dyslexic readers.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at email@example.com.