This article is for ADMINISTRATORS who also have the FINANCE role.
We've made it easy to buy outstanding prescribed titles for specific users using your institution's Engage credit.
If your institution purchases textbooks for students via Snapplify Engage, you can buy a user's outstanding titles (i.e. titles that have not yet been purchased) across all prescribed lists from the user view in Engage.
You'll only be able to purchase outstanding digital edition titles, not hardcopy titles, using this method.
To buy a user's outstanding titles
- After logging in to Engage, navigate to the Textbooks section.
- Select 'Outstanding' to see which users still need to purchase titles across all prescribed lists.
- Once you've found the relevant user, click on their name to open their user details.
Alternatively, navigate to the settings by clicking the cog icon in the top right-hand corner of your screen, then on the 'Users' page, click the applicable user's name to open their details.
- On the user page, in the 'Buy' section, click the 'Review Order' button.
- You'll navigate to the user's order details. From here, review the titles that have been allocated to the user's order and if needed, remove any unwanted titles using the remove icon (for a single item) or select the associated checkboxes and click the 'Remove Item(s)' button (for multiple items). When prompted to confirm the removal, click 'Yes, remove'.
- When you are ready to finalise the purchase, click the 'Complete Order' button.
- Click 'Yes' in the pop-up to allow the total to be deducted from your institution's Engage account balance.
On successful payment, the digital titles will be available to the user immediately.
If you need to add credit to your institution's account, you can load an account balance in Engage.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.