This article is for ADMINISTRATORS.
This feature is only available for ENGAGE ENTERPRISE tier clients. Read this article for more about the Engage tiers.
With Snapplify’s Microsoft integration, Microsoft institutions signed up for Engage Enterprise are able to pull all users from their Microsoft Azure Active Directory and link these to Snapplify so that users can use their Microsoft accounts to sign in to Engage.
To use this feature, you must:
- Have 'User.ReadBasic.All' and 'Group.Read.All' user privileges on your Microsoft Account
- Have access to your institution’s Microsoft Azure Active Directory
A standard user without these privileges won’t be able to run this import.
Enabling your Microsoft Azure Active Directory for integration
- Navigate to portal.azure.com and sign in with your admin details.
- Ensure that the user who will be signing in to Engage to authorise with Microsoft has the following assigned roles:
- Application administrator
- Global reader
- Navigate to Azure Active Directory and click ‘Groups’.
- Set up your Groups and assign the relevant users.
- Copy the Group 'Object ID' (you will need this soon).
Importing your users via Microsoft integration
- After logging in to Engage, navigate to the settings section by clicking the cog icon in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- On the left-hand side of your screen, navigate to ‘Import Users’.
- Under ‘Microsoft’, click the ‘Connect’ button. This will allow your Microsoft account to connect to your Engage platform.
- If required, enter your group Object ID path to import only specific units within the directory; otherwise, you can leave this blank to import all directory users.
- Click ‘Save’.
- You will be redirected to Microsoft sign-in. Click 'Allow' when asked to allow snapplify.com to access your info. You will be directed back to Engage, where your users will begin to import.
Once connected, Engage will continue to sync with Microsoft, and update user information accordingly. As users are added, updated or deleted, the systems will remain in sync.
You are able to change your organisational unit settings at any time by clicking on ‘Activities’ within the ‘Import Users’ section on the Microsoft Integration block. From there, you can add additional Object Ids as well as remove any that you no longer need.
What's next? When users are imported into Engage, they are all automatically assigned the 'Learner' role in Engage. After adding users to the Engage platform, you will need to assign user roles to give users like librarians or teachers additional permissions.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.