This article is for LIBRARIANS.
If you find that several students want to read a library book at the same time, you may need to review how many library licences your institution owns for that title, and consider buying additional licences.
To check how many licences have been purchased for a specific title:
- Log in to Engage and navigate to the library by clicking 'Library' at the top of your screen.
- In the Librarian section of your dashboard on the left-hand side of your screen, select 'Owned'.
- In the Owned section, find the relevant title by scrolling through the list of titles on this page, or using the search bar. To refine your search, click ‘Advanced’ to the right of the search bar; then, once you’ve typed in your search details, click ‘Search’ or hit ‘Enter’ on your keyboard.
- Once you’ve found the ebook you’re looking for, you'll be able to view the licence details in the 'Licence' column on this page. Alternatively, click on the book title to open the title page.
- On the title-specific page, you will see the licence details on the right-hand side of the screen.
To purchase additional licences, click the ‘Add’ button. In the pop-up window, select the number of licences you wish to add and click ‘Buy’. The amount will be deducted from your institution’s available account balance.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at email@example.com.