This article is for TEACHERS and BOOKSELLERS.
Plus, if your school is ordering digital books, these users will be able to start using their ebooks immediately. Find out more about our Early Access feature.
- Before you can start assigning books to users, you will need to create your prescribed lists and set up your user groups for annual orders.
- Engage users can have multiple permission types, and only users with 'Admin, 'Teacher' or 'Bookseller' permissions can set up prescribed lists. Talk to your school's ‘Admin’ (administrator) to give you this permission type if you do not already have it.
- If you've set your groups to 'joinable' so that users can add themselves to the group, students will need to join those joinable groups so that their specific content can be allocated to them.
Linking a group to your prescribed list
If your user group already exists, you will be able to link the group to your list from your prescribed list page or from the group page:
- Navigate to 'Prescribed Lists' (in the Textbooks section) or 'Groups' (in the Settings section) when logged in to Engage.
- Click the title of the prescribed list or group you wish to view.
- On the prescribed list page, type the name of your group into the textbox under 'Groups' and select the correct group from the drop-down options.
Alternatively, from the group page, click the green '+ Add prescribed list' button. Type in the name of your prescribed list, and select the correct one from the drop-down menu. Then click ‘Save’ to confirm your choice.
Users with the Bookseller role will only be able to link groups from the 'Prescribed Lists' page in Engage.
Next, publish your prescribed list.
Need help? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a chat message in Engage using the chatbot in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.